Bill A Johnston at Post and Boost December Webinar
Busting the Myths of Local Advertising for Funeral Homes
How to Invest Your Dollars Wisely for Increased Sales
Napoleon Hill, author of “Think and Grow Rich” is quoted as saying, “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.” But the truth is, many funeral homes can’t conceive advertising because they don’t believe it works for “their business.” That is a myth!
Advertising can work. It’s worked for Coca-Cola and GEICO. It can work for funeral homes too. This workshop will tell them how.
The first roadblock funeral homes face is “what to say.” It’s easy for furniture stores and restaurants to advertise, but writing ads based on “Death and the Funeral Process” is not easy.
If funeral homes intend to remain profitable and expand in this world of growing cremation percentages and shrinking margins, they need an advertising strategy faster than word-of-mouth.
This workshop reveals how advertising works best for funeral homes, what you can say, and tips on Radio, TV/Cable, Internet, Outdoor, and Facebook.
Attendees may earn 1 CE credit by attending this webinar.
Continuing Education credits approved by the following states:
- North Carolina
As well as all states that accept certified CE providers of the American Academy of Funeral Service Practice. Additional state approvals coming soon.
1. Local advertising can work for funeral homes
2. Word-of-mouth may be the best advertising, but it’s too slow if you intend to expand sales
3. Knowing there are Four Pillars in Effective Local Advertising
4. Understanding the role of TV/Cable, Radio, Outdoor, Newspaper, Google, and Facebook/Instagram
1. Advertising does work. Coca-Cola and GEICO prove it.
2. The role of death metrics and demographics in advertising
3. Four strategies to grow sales. Which one(s) should you do?
4. Reach: How many do you need to reach to grow?
5. Frequency: Change the way people think
6. Consistency: The Sales Funnel
7. Copy: What do you say and how do you say it?
8. Google is the Yellow Pages; Facebook is the Newspaper
9. Media quick hitters: TV/Cable, Radio, Outdoor, the Newspaper
1. By knowing how advertising works, it will be easier to “believe” it can work for their funeral home.
2. The sales funnel will help operators visually understand the need to always be advertising
3. With the four pillars of effective local advertising, wasted ad dollars can identified and redirected
4. Not advertising has long-term consequences to the equity value of the business, especially in competitive markets.
5. The sales funnel will help operators understand the need to always be advertising
6. Be encouraged to discover an advertising strategy that can expand their sales.
Don't Miss This Opportunity
As a Facebook Expert for Funeral Homes, Bill has looked at hundreds of pages and can quickly tell you if your Facebook page is working for your funeral home.
Here are 3 questions he can help you answer.
1. Is the content on your Facebook Page informing users about the benefits of your Funeral Home?
2. Are you reaching enough Facebook users to get advertising results?
3. Is there a Facebook strategy that can actually grow your business?
Post and Boost Newsletter
Keep up with the latest from Post and Boost by signing up for our monthly newsletter.